Guilde Evølutiøn Index du Forum
Guilde Evølutiøn Index du ForumFAQRechercherS’enregistrerConnexion

be pretty excited

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Guilde Evølutiøn Index du Forum -> Section Recrutement -> Comment faire ?
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
zhangzk

MessagePosté le: Ven 28 Sep - 05:23 (2018)    Sujet du message: be pretty excited Répondre en citant

The Green Bay Packers' defense needs someone to step up behind Clay Matthews and Nick Perry at outside linebacker. Reggie Gilbert is starting to make his move. After a strong showing during the team's preseason-opening victory over the Tennessee Titans on Thursday night Authentic Shea Weber Jersey , Gilbert got extensive work with the starting defense in practice Sunday, the first time the team was back on the field.
Gilbert lined up at outside linebacker in the base defense opposite Matthews, as Perry remains on the physically unable to perform list with an ankle injury. Until Sunday, Kyler Fackrell had gotten nearly all of those first-team snaps with Matthews in Perry's place.
Gilbert, who entered the league as an undrafted free agent out of Arizona in 2016, spent most of the past two years on the Packers' practice squad before a call-up to the 53-man roster for the final two games last year.
Facing Minnesota and Detroit, Gilbert registered four quarterback pressures and three quarterback hits on the Vikings' Case Keenum and earned his first NFL sack against the Lions' Matthew Stafford.
"I feel like I've come a long way since I got here and am definitely improving. I feel like I'm improving with every session we get as far as in practice or every year in every game," said Gilbert, who was a hand-in-the-dirt defensive end in college and had to learn to be a standup outside linebacker in the Packers' 3-4 scheme. "I feel like I'm learning new things. Clay, Nick and everybody, they're all helping bring us along."
Despite unproven depth behind Matthews and Perry 鈥?and the two veterans' history of injuries 鈥?the Packers eschewed signing any edge rushers in free agency and didn't spend any of their high draft picks on the position, either. The only draft choice at outside linebacker was seventh-rounder Kendall Donnerson from Southeast Missouri State.
During the offseason, Packers coach Mike McCarthy raved about Gilbert Authentic Dougie Hamilton Jersey , saying in part: "It's incredible what he's done in his time here. You talk about a guy that has done everything and has taken advantage of every resource that's been available to him. I mean, in my mind he's already taken the second-year jump."
With Matthews sitting for the preseason opener, the 6-foot-3, 260-pound Gilbert was credited with two tackles and a quarterback hit against the Titans, and he generated the most pressure of any Packers rusher while playing the entire first half. Fackrell also started and was credited with a sack when he was in the vicinity as Titans quarterback Marcus Mariota scrambled out of bounds for no gain on the opening drive.
"We're all hungry. We're all working hard trying to make plays. I definitely feel like all of us have come a long way and are still improving," Gilbert said.
NOTES: After facing the Titans without 18 players who didn't suit up for the game, the Packers got back some of their injured guys on Sunday, including All-Pro left tackle David Bakhtiari (ankle); tight end Jimmy Graham (knee); wide receiver Randall Cobb (ankle); cornerbacks Kevin King (shoulder) and Jaire Alexander (groin); running back Aaron Jones (hamstring); and defensive linemen Mike Daniels (quad) and Muhammad Wilkerson (groin). Bakhtiari, King and Daniels only did individual drills and were held out of team periods. . Bakhtiari said the limited work was encouraging. "(We) just wanted to see the progression. Obviously they want to integrate me back in 鈥?don't want to just throw me in right away 鈥?but everything felt good."
After all of those years eschewing the Los Angeles area, the NFL now has two teams there. On Saturday, both will host preseason games on what many say is the only August weekend that even slightly matters.
The Rams host the Texans in an afternoon game, and four hours later the Chargers entertain New Orleans.
There's actually some intrigue in Chargers-Saints, particularly for an exhibition game. For the second straight season Authentic Louis Domingue Jersey , the teams went through two days of joint practices at the Chargers' training camp complex in Orange County ahead of the preseason game.
Saints star quarterback Drew Brees once was San Diego's starter, then was displaced by Philip Rivers. Brees has gone on to wild success and a Super Bowl championship in New Orleans, while Rivers has been a fixture behind center for the Chargers in San Diego and now in L.A.
"It was a tough set of circumstances, obviously, because they drafted him in 2004 to basically take my job," Brees said on the Saints' website. "I think everyone always tried to pit us against each other and couldn't figure out how we could be friends or good teammates to one another in the quarterback room when we were having that type of competition, but we were."
And they still are friends as well as supreme competitors.
"There's no denying it was somewhat awkward," Rivers said. "We both wanted what the other person was trying to get, and keep it from him. But at the same time we pulled for one another.
"It may not make sense, and I'm not sure any of that necessarily does. That's kind of the way it went in those two years. I tried to be the first person to high-five him after a touchdown. But at the same time I wanted to be out there playing."
Neither will be playing very long Saturday.
The Rams' glamorous offseason additions are expected to play for the first time. Coach Sean McVay has been exceedingly cautious about using his starters in the preseason and could continue to hold out some veteran players, but receiver Brandin Cooks, defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh and cornerbacks Aqib Talib and Marcus Peters are likely to see their first action.
Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson did not play in a 33-7 loss at the Rams last season because of a torn ACL, but will get to test himself against a Los Angeles defense still attempting to identify a starting outside linebacker. The Texans scored at least 33 points in each of Watson's last five starts as a rookie Authentic Carl Gunnarsson Jersey , but failed to score more than 17 points in eight of nine games after he was hurt.
MORE INTRIGUE
The biggest topic from the Chiefs' perspective as they head to Chicago is coach Andy Reid gets to match up with his former offensive coordinator Matt Nagy, now in charge of the Bears.
"I'm proud of him for having the opportunity 鈥?I've watched his tape and he's doing some good things with the team," Reid said. "It's a little like looking in the mirror when you look at his offense. He's added a few little wrinkles but a lot of it is pretty similar."
The Bears were hoping to have first-round draft pick Roquan Smith in his first action, but he barely practiced after ending his holdout. Starters or key players missing the game for certain are LB Leonard Floyd (broken bones in his right hand), and TE Adam Shaheen (right ankle and foot). Also possibly out: CB Prince Amukamara (ankle), DE Akiem Hicks (knee soreness), and TE Dion Sims (concussion).
THE RETURNS
While most fans will focus on the play of the Indianapolis and San Francisco quarterbacks, Andrew Luck and Jimmy Garoppolo, on Saturday, the coaching staffs might look more closely at their revamped secondaries.
The 49ers are eager to see cornerback Richard Sherman make his first appearance since tearing his Achilles tendon last season. The former All-Pro with Seattle joined San Francisco in the offseason.
"I'm more concerned about my game shape and making sure I can still go every single play because I haven't played (since November)," Sherman said.
First-year Colts coach Frank Reich will get his first glimpse of his projected starting safety pairing.
Clayton Geathers, who missed most of 2017 after neck surgery, returned from a subsequent knee surgery in Monday night's loss to Baltimore. Now http://www.officiallightningprostore.com/authentic-adidas-mikhail-sergachev-jersey , Malik Hooker, Indy's first-round pick in 2017, is expected to make his first start since October after recovering from two torn ligaments in his right knee.
It would be the first time Geathers and Hooker have actually lined up together in game action.
"I'm going to be pretty excited, just from the journey we had," Hooker said.
HOLD THAT LINE
Cincinnati's offensive line struggled against the Cowboys last week, which was a bad sign after the Bengals spent the offseason overhauling it. The starting offense managed only two first downs 鈥?one on a scramble by Andy Dalton 鈥?in three possessions. If the right side of the line struggles again on Sunday vs. Buffalo, changes could be in store, especially at right tackle where Bobby Hart has had problems.
First-round draft pick Josh Allen gets his opportunity to secure the Bills' starting job after showing progress in accuracy and decision making since the start of training camp. It'll be Allen's first start, and comes after the quarterback directed drives to a touchdown and two field goals in a 19-17 win at Cleveland. Allen has yet to face an opponents' starting defense, and he'll be playing behind a retooled offensive line that struggled against the Browns' pass rush.
Coach Sean McDermott said some starters will play into the third quarter, though he didn't specify QBs.
BACK TO PITTSBURGH
Mike Vrabel started his NFL career with the Steelers as the 91st pick overall in the 1997 draft. He returns with the Titans looking for his first victory as a head coach.
Vrabel says he kind of stumbled out of the blocks in Pittsburgh where he learned how to be a professional pla Authentic San Francisco 49ers Jerseys

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Ven 28 Sep - 05:23 (2018)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Guilde Evølutiøn Index du Forum -> Section Recrutement -> Comment faire ? Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | créer forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
darkages Template © larme d'ange